Coronavirus (Covid-19)

Coronavirus cases are on the rise in Lancashire – get vaccinated, get tested and #LetsKeepLancashireSafe. Further information: Help and advice: Ribble Valley Community Hub (01200 414597)

Coronavirus Information

Can't Vote in Person? Register for Postal Vote by 15 April

Published Wednesday, 03 April 2019

Ribble Valley goes to the polls in local government elections on Thursday 2 May, and if you can’t get to a polling station you can vote by post.

Requests for a postal vote (or to change an existing postal or proxy vote) must be made to Ribble Valley Borough Council by 5pm on Monday 15 April.

Postal voters must be a registered elector and provide their date of birth and signature, known as ‘personal identifiers’.

They are required to return a security statement with their completed ballot paper. The signature and date of birth provided on the statement is then checked against the personal identifiers on their application form, which helps to detect fraud.

Postal votes remain in separate sealed envelopes until the personal identifiers have been verified.

Further information about postal voting, including for prospective postal voters unable to provide a signature for any reason, is available from Ribble Valley Borough Council’s elections team on 01200 414411.

Check your poll card – some Ribble Valley wards have changed following a local government boundary review. Most of the changes are minor, such as a change in name, but several wards have been divided, some new wards created and the boundaries of others changed, meaning electors may be voting in a new ward and even at a new polling station, particularly in Clitheroe, East Whalley and Billington. Full details of the boundary changes including maps are available at Ribble Valley Ward Boundaries.

Share this page: