Coronavirus (Covid-19)

Coronavirus cases are on the rise in Lancashire – get vaccinated, get tested and #LetsKeepLancashireSafe. Further information: Help and advice: Ribble Valley Community Hub (01200 414597)

Coronavirus Information

New £500 Payment for Low-Earners Told to Self-Isolate

Published Wednesday, 14 October 2020

A new £500 payment for low-earners facing a loss of income after being told to self-isolate has been rolled out in Ribble Valley.

The payment is available to people who have been told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace, because they have tested positive for coronavirus, or have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive, after 28 September.

The Test and Trace support scheme is available to people who are employed or self-employed, cannot work from home and will suffer a loss of income from self-isolating.

You must also be in receipt of at least one of the following benefits: universal credit, working tax credit, income-related employment and support allowance, jobseeker’s allowance, income support, pension credit or housing benefit.

You will need to provide your NHS Test and Trace ID number, bank statement and proof of employment, or a self-assessment return, and payment will be issued within three working days.

Jane Pearson, Ribble Valley Borough Council’s director of resources, said: “Self-isolation is one of the most powerful tools in controlling the transmission of Covid-19 and this new Test and Trace support scheme will ensure anyone on a low income can claim a lump sum payment if they have to self-isolate and cannot work from home.”

You will not be eligible if you are receiving your full wages, are furloughed, can work from home, or are in quarantine after travelling abroad.

The scheme started on 12 October and for further details or to apply visit

Share this page: