Taxi Reminder for Ribble Valley Festive RevellersPublished Monday, 05 January 2015
Ribble Valley revellers are being reminded not to use unlicensed taxis or flag down private hire vehicles over the festive period.
And Ribble Valley Borough Council has issued the following tips to help taxi-users have a safe festive journey:
- “Yellow plate” private hire vehicles must be pre-booked. Only “blue plate” hackney carriages can be flagged down or hired from a taxi rank and it is illegal for private hire vehicles to pick up passengers in the street, unless they are pre- booked.
- Check drivers are wearing identification badges that have not expired.
- Check the identity of drivers against photographs on identification badges.
- Check that cab licence plates at the back of vehicles or on the left-hand side of windscreens are in date.
- Don’t give personal details to drivers.
- Agree private hire fees in advance. Metred hackney cab fees are set by the council.
Anyone who suspects a taxi firm of operating without a licence or a driver of driving without a licence, or using an unlicensed vehicle, is asked to make a note of the vehicle’s licence number and contact the council’s licensing team on 01200 414411.