Residents needing additional support or wanting to volunteer their time or services to help those in need in their local community should call 01200 414597. For business rates please use 01200 414450

Coronavirus information

Council Tax and Rates Relief for Flood-Hit Properties

Published Friday, 08 January 2016

Ribble Valley households and businesses directly affected by flooding in recent weeks will receive 100 per cent relief from council tax or business rates for a minimum of three months.

And anyone living in temporary accommodation as a result of their main property being flooded may also be entitled to council tax relief in the temporary accommodation.

The council tax relief will automatically be applied for three months to properties that were flooded or unliveable due to the flooding. The relief may be available for up to 12 months for properties that remain unoccupied due to flood damage and is not available on second homes.

Business rates relief is also available for businesses affected by flooding as a result of Storms Desmond or Eva.

Businesses that were flooded will receive 100 per cent business rates relief for a minimum of three months, or until the business re-starts trading, up to a maximum of 12 months.

Business rates relief is not automatic and must be applied for.

Further details and application forms, and information about other financial assistance for properties and businesses affected by flooding, are available from the Flooding Section - Financial Assistance.

Share this page: