Consultation on Private Water SuppliesPublished Wednesday, 20 September 2017
A consultation into private water supplies has been launched by the Drinking Water Inspectorate.
The inspectorate is planning to update regulations requiring local authorities to test private water supplies and take action where water is not safe to drink.
The main proposals are:
- to ensure local authorities use risk-based sampling and analysis programmes
- to change sampling and analysis requirements
- to change the fees that local authorities can charge for private water supply work
- to allow local authorities to carry out corrective work on failing supplies
- to clarify what is needed to comply with notices served on users of failing water supplies
- The deadline for responses is October 24 and further details are available from Ribble Valley Borough Council’s environmental health team on 01200 425111.