Information on Town and Parish Councils

Local Code of Conduct Complaints Process

Conduct of Elected Members of Borough, Town and Parish Councils

If you want to complain about the conduct of a member of Ribble Valley Borough Council or a member of one of our Parish or Town Councils, you must submit your complaint to:

Head of Legal and Democratic Services  
Ribble Valley Borough Council
Council Offices
Church Walk

Telephone: 01200 414418

The complaint will be considered in accordance with the procedure adopted by the Council's Accounts and Audit Committee. It can only deal with complaints about the behaviour of a member. It will not deal with complaints about things that are not covered by the Members' Code of Conduct. If you make a complaint to the Committee it must be about why you think a member has not followed the Code of Conduct.