Support for Ukraine

Information for Hosts

The Government has set up the scheme under which UK residents can sign up to be a host and sponsor Ukrainian nationals. It is called the Homes for Ukraine scheme and enables people willing to be a sponsor to be matched with a family who have been given visas (or have applied) to travel under the scheme. (See the information links at the end of this page for further advice and details.)

Ribble Valley Borough Council are working with other agencies to support families under the Homes for Ukraine Scheme. The information on this page offers further guidance and the process for applying for the government’s £350 thank-you payment.

As well as handling the thank-you payment the council will also undertake inspections of the accommodation being offered. If you have offered accommodation under the scheme the council will be notified, and we will contact you to arrange the inspection.

Thank-you Payment

The Government has provided funding to assist Sponsors within the Homes for Ukraine Scheme. The amount to be paid is £350 per month per property (not per guest) in arrears for up to a year from the guests’ arrival, so long as the Sponsor continues to host under the terms of the Scheme.

The payment is optional, and sponsors must apply to receive payment by completing this application form.

Once you have made your application, we will process your details as quickly as possible to make the payment. If we need to clarify any matters, we will contact you by return to reduce any delays. A member of our team may also contact you from time to time to discuss the sponsorship experience with you.

Lancashire County Council are the lead agency on the scheme and have produced a Host Handbook and additional information to help your guests.

View the Host Handbook – produced by LCC 

View additional information about free apps to help Ukrainians to learn English

National Support and Information

Offers of housing

Sign up to offer accommodation under the Government’s Homes for Ukraine scheme

Lancashire County Council have more information on supporting the Ukraine on their website here:

Lancashire County Council also have more specific information on the Homes for Ukraine scheme in Lancashire here:

The GOV.UK website has more information on how the Homes for Ukraine Scheme will work:

The GOV.UK website also has information about being a sponsor:

Support for family members of British nationals in Ukraine, and Ukrainian nationals in Ukraine and the UK.

Information on travel advice to and from Ukraine.