Coronavirus (Covid-19)

Coronavirus cases are on the rise in Lancashire – get vaccinated, get tested and #LetsKeepLancashireSafe. Further information: Help and advice: Ribble Valley Community Hub (01200 414597)

Coronavirus Information

Contact Planning

To find out if you need to make a planning application please see 'Do I need planning permission?'. Further guidance on whether or not you need planning permission can be found on the Planning Portal.

If you would like to make a comment on a planning application please follow our advice and use the online planning application comments formEmail address for observations on a live planning application:

Duty Planner Service

A duty planning officer is available every day to give general planning advice and is available to contact as follows:

Monday (10:00-16:00)

Tuesday (10:00-16:00)

Wednesday (10:00-16:00)

Thursday (10:00-16:00)

Friday (10:00-16:00)

Currently this service ONLY operates by PHONE (please call 01200 425111 during the above hours and ask to speak to the duty planner) / E-MAIL ( E-mails will be responded to by either e-mail or by phone.  Please include your telephone number on all e-mail correspondence.

PLEASE NOTE: This service is not suitable for project specific advice (e.g. The likelihood of your development scheme gaining planning permission). If you require project specific advice, please use our pre-application service:

The duty planning officer will:

  • explain in broad terms how planning policy and design guidance will apply to alterations and extensions to domestic dwellings and small scale retail, business, industrial and other commercial developments
  • explain planning policy and requirements in relation to consent for signs and advertisements under the advertisement regulations
  • advise on alterations and extensions to existing retail, business, industrial and other commercial premises
  • explain listed buildings and conservation/heritage requirements
  • advise on permitted development rights
  • advise on requirements in respect of proposals for changes of use
  • explain planning procedures, including consultation, publicity and decision making processes once an application is submitted
  • Most site specific enquiries cannot be addressed without the benefit of thorough research, consultation and a site visit. Therefore, the duty planning officer is unable to advise on the likelihood of a particular proposal obtaining planning permission. If you require such advice, submit a pre-application enquiry (where relevant).

The duty planning officer will not:

  • provide views on the acceptability of proposals
  • provide a definitive answer as to whether planning permission is required (this will only be provided after submission of a Certificate of Lawfulness application)
  • discuss enquiries relating to current applications and appeals (you will need to contact the case officer)
  • discuss enquiries relating to reasons for refusal or conditions imposed on determined applications (you will need to contact the case officer)
  • discuss enquiries relating to current enforcement investigations (you will need to contact the Council’s enforcement team)
  • determine requests for specific non-material amendments (you will need to submit a request for a non-material amendment)
  • respond to requests for written pre-application advice
  • provide advice on major development proposals (you will need to submit a request for major pre-application advice)
  • provide advice on party wall issues/boundary issues/disputes.

The advice given is informal based on the information supplied to the Council, and is without prejudice to the formal consideration of any enquiry or application that is subsequently submitted.

Postal Address

Planning section
Council Offices
Church Walk

Telephone:  01200 425111 

You may complete a planning application online on the Planning Portal

For Planning Enforcement please follow this link

Share this page: