Beginner Running Groups
Ribble Valley Borough Council has secured funding from Lancashire Sport to increase the number of beginner runners taking part in recreational running groups.
In partnership with Run England, the project aims to increase the number of trained Leaders in Running Fitness and subsequently increase the number of registered beginner running groups.
Regardless of your age, fitness level, aspiration, background, or location you can become a part of the Ribble Valley's beginner running community. We hope to encourage more people to run, and to run more often.
The project aims to target a wide range of people but especially targeting ;
- "Stay at home" parents dropping off children at school/early years
- Grassroots sports clubs (parents watching juniors train/play, sports players from different sports and the local community surrounding the sports clubs)
- Workplaces and workplace hubs (e.g.,town centres, retail hubs)
- Professional Sports Clubs
- Communities and existing (non- and semi-sporty) community groups identified by Partner Organisations
|Monday||6.00pm - 7.00pm||Meet at Castlegate Clitheroe|
|Monday||6.00pm - 7.00pm||Meet at Longridge Civic Hall (book through Longridge Community Gym 01772 923986|
|Wednesday||6.00pm - 7.00pm||Meet at Whalley Library|
|Sunday||9.30am - 10.30am||Sunnyside Avenue, Billington|