Performance Management Framework
The Corporate Strategy is a 'link' document. It links:
- the Government's priorities for local government
- the priorities and objectives of the Ribble Valley Sustainable Community Strategy
- the views of our customers
- the Council's vision, priorities and objectives
The Plan draws together these different strands and creates a framework for more detailed planning and implementation through:
- a range of statutory and strategic plans
- corporate action planning
- service plans
- budget planning
The Council provides a wide range of services which contribute strongly to achieving our priorities.
The overall goal of any performance management system is to enable an organisation to have a clear strategic overview of:
- where the organisation is today
- where the organisation wants to be
- how the organisation is going to get there
This requires an organisation to have a clear 'Vision' and a set of realistic 'SMART' objectives, which are in turn supported by strategies aligned to the achievement of our priorities.
In a dynamic environment it is unlikely that any strategic plan will be fully achieved as originally envisaged. Therefore mechanisms are required to track progress towards the achievement of 'the Vision' and realisation of objectives should be firmly embedded within the system to monitor and measure progress.