We are responsible for investigating pollution and other related problems.  Before reporting a problem, we would reccomend you talk directly to the individual or organisation in the first instance. For more information please refer to Pollution Control.

If you have problems with noise, smells, dust or intrusive light then we may be able to help. In order for us to carry out a full investigation we require your details and the address of the premises about which you are complaining. We will also need your help to gather evidence about how the nuisance is affecting you.

Making a complaint

To report a complaint contact or 01200 425111.


We may find that after our investigation there is not enough evidence for us to take formal action. However, you may still take private action to resolve an issue that you believe is causing a nuisance