Adopted Core Strategy
Core Strategy Adoption
On 2 December 2014 the Council published the Inspector’s Report on the Examination into the Ribble Valley Core Strategy 2008 - 2028: A Local Plan for Ribble Valley. It concluded that the Core Strategy is legally compliant and sound subject to a number of main modifications being made.
In accordance with Regulation 26 of the Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012, Ribble Valley Borough Council formally adopted its Core Strategy at a meeting of the Full Council on 16 December 2014. The adopted Core Strategy includes the modifications recommended by the Inspector.
The Core Strategy sets out the long term spatial vision for the Borough up to 2028 and the strategic policies that will deliver that vision, including the Development Management policies. The Core Strategy supersedes the policies contained in the Ribble Valley Districtwide Local Plan (1998).
The following documents are available to download and view:
Sustainability Appraisal (SA) Documents (please note that this link leads to a series of SA documents that have been drawn together as a compendium in the hard copy versions. This list contains the Habitats Regulation Assessment Screening report)
A Post Adoption Environmental Statement (pursuant to Regulation 16 of the Environmental Assessment of Plans and Programmes regulations 2004)
Hard copies can also be viewed at:
- Planning Reception (level D) of the Council Offices, Church walk, Clitheroe, Lancashire, BB7 2RA, during normal offices hours (8.45am – 5.00pm); and
- Longridge Heritage Centre (The Old Station Buildings) Monday- Friday between 10.00am and 4.00pm; and
- Read library on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays between 2.00 - 5.00pm and 5.30 - 7.00pm; and
- Chatburn library on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 2.00 - 5.00pm and 5.30 - 7.00pm and on Saturdays between 10.00am - 1.00pm; and
- Whalley library on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays between 9.30am - 12.00pm and between 1.00pm - 5.00pm, and Tuesdays between 9.30am – 12.00pm and between 1.00pm – 7.00pm and Saturdays between 9.30am – 12.00pm; and
- Longridge library Mondays and Fridays between 9.30am – 5.00pm and Tuesday and Thursdays between 9.30am and 7.00pm and Saturdays between 9.30am and 1.00pm; and
- Mellor library in Mondays between 2.00 - 5.00pm and 5.30 - 7.00pm, Wednesdays between 10.00 - 1.00pm and 2.00 - 5.00pm and Saturdays between 10.00 - 12.00pm; and
- Clitheroe library on Mondays and Fridays between 9..00am - 5.00pm, Tuesdays and Thursdays between 9.00am-7.00pm, Wednesdays between 9.00am - 1.00pm, and Saturdays between 9.00am - 4.00pm.
Please note that the above opening times are correct as of 15 December 2014.
Any person aggrieved by the Core Strategy may make an application under Section 113 of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004 to the High Court on the ground that:
a) the document is not within the appropriate power;
b) a procedural requirement has not been complied with.
The application must be made no later than the end of a six week period, beginning from the date of the adoption of the Core Strategy.
This concludes work on the production of the Core Strategy. Focus of work will now turn to the Housing and Economic Development DPD (Development Plan Document). If you wish to be kept informed of progress on this work, please contact us, preferably by email, at the address below.
For further information, please contact Forward Planning at the Council Offices, Church Walk, Clitheroe, Lancashire, BB7 2RA, telephone 01200 425111 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org