Door Supervisor (Bouncer)

Door Supervisor (Bouncer) Licence

A door supervisor licence is required if manned guarding activities are undertaken in relation to licensed premises.

Licensed premises are premises which are open to the public, at times when alcohol is being supplied for consumption, or regulated entertainment is being provided, on the premises. For more information see Premises Licence.

Unless an exemption has been given under Section 4(4) of the Private Security Industry Act 2001, it is a criminal offence to undertake the licensable activities of a door supervisor without an Security Industry Authority (SIA) licence.

For more information on to how to obtain a SIA Licence see the Security Industry Authority website.