Residents needing additional support or wanting to volunteer their time or services to help those in need in their local community should call 01200 414597. For business rates please use 01200 414450

Coronavirus information

Events on Council owned land

Events guidance

The Event guidance note provides information to organisations wishing to arrange an event at a council owned venue. The forms contained within the pack can be used for all events regardless of size, however some parts may not be relevant for smaller events.

The guide gives general advice that should be used when arranging any type of event. However, events can be extremely diverse, ranging from a car boot sale, to a large outdoor carnival and it is likely that additional guidance will be required for specialist events and larger scale activities. If more information is required there are many national associations and clubs who may be able to help.

Ribble Valley Borough Council do not own or control roads and highways. If you are planning an event which takes place on the highway please see Events on private (non council) land.

When staging events, organisers cannot assume the support of the Police, the Fire and Rescue Service and the North West Ambulance Service in running the event .

Events should be planned and organised so that the presence of the emergency services at the event is not required. The "Ribble Valley Safety Advisory Group" will offer any necessary assistance in the planning stages of the event. To Tell us about your event please complete the Event Information Form.

Share this page: