Coronavirus (Covid-19)

Coronavirus cases are on the rise in Lancashire – get vaccinated, get tested and #LetsKeepLancashireSafe. Further information: Help and advice: Ribble Valley Community Hub (01200 414597)

Coronavirus Information

Council Tax Discounts

The full Council Tax bill assumes that there are two adults aged 18 or over living in a property. If there is only one adult living there as their main home, the Council Tax will be reduced by 25%. This is known as a single person discount complete single person discount form online or download the Single Person Discount form PDF.

Unoccupied homes
We will reduce Council Tax by 100% for the first six months that a property is unoccupied and unfurnished. If it is in need of or undergoing major repair or renovation work this discount can apply for up to 12 months.

From 1 April 2014 once the 100% discount ends a full charge will apply.

Unoccupied furnished homes
If your property is not lived in by anyone as their main home, we will reduce your Council Tax bill by 10%. However, we may increase this discount if your job requires you to live somewhere else.

New discounts for annexes
From 1 April 2014 the government has introduced a new 50% discount to annexes that are occupied by members of the family of the council tax payer of the main dwelling.

Discretionary discounts
Councils are able to grant discretionary discounts in exceptional circumstances. If you believe that you should be given a discretionary discount as a result of your exceptional circumstances please submit your request in writing to the Revenues Section stating the reason why you believe a discount should be applied.

Certain people will be disregarded and not counted as resident adults if they are:

Your current bill indicates if a discount is already being allowed.

You must tell us of any change in circumstance which would affect your entitlement. You can do this using the Change of circumstance form for Council Tax.

Share this page: