Forms for Planning Applications
Use the links below to download a planning application form for planning permission. Please note all these forms are in PDF format.
If you would like to complete a planning application form online use the Planning Portal website.
Please submit your application documents and fee at the same time. Your application will be invalid until we receive all of the required forms and documents. If you choose not to use the planning portal, we would prefer you to submit one full paper copy of your application, even if you post us a CD version. We do not accept emailed plans or applications.
Pre-application enquiries are not free and will not be validated without the correct information and fee. To submit a pre-application enquiry, please post us a signed, completed form, with the accompanying documents and fee.
Please note: Ribble Valley Borough Council considers holiday lets to be commercial development and to fall outside the definition of a 'dwellinghouse'. The Town and Country Planning (Fees for Applications, Deemed Applications, Requests and Site Visits) (England) Regulations 2012 define a 'dwellinghouse' as a building which is to be used as a single private dwellinghouse and no other purpose. Therefore, where Ribble Valley Borough Council considers development to be for commercial holiday purposes the planning fee will be based on the floor area.
For fee purposes commercial static caravans, camping pods, lodges and other similar developments will be treated as 'buildings' if the proposed development remains in situ for more than 10 months per year. In these circumstances the fee charged will be based on the erection of a building.
When measuring floor space for fee calculation purposes gross floor space to be created by the development shall be ascertained by external measurement of the floor space, whether or not it is to be bounded (wholly or partly) by external walls.
- Application form and guidance notes for householder and full planning permission
- Design and Access pro-forma
- Delegation Scheme
- Development Management Protocol
- Agricultural information form
- Surface Water Flood Risk form (for every major application)
- Fire Statement forms and guidance notes
- Notification of a proposed larger home extension
- Notification of change of use to a dwelling
- Notification of a proposed change of use to state funded school
- Notification of agricultural or forestry development - proposed building
- Notification of agricultural or forestry development - proposed road
- Notification of agricultural or forestry development - excavation
- Notification of agricultural or forestry development - excavation/waste material
- Notification of telecommunications development
- Notification of proposed demolition including site notice
- Notification of change of use of agricultural building to a flexible use
- Notification of work relating to LDO No 2 2014
- Notification of change of use of agricultural building to dwelling (Class Q)
Listed building consent
Amendments to planning permission
- Non-material amendment form and guidance
- Removal of variation of planning condition form and guidance
- Modification or discharge of S106 Agreement
Outline planning permission and reserved matters
Discharge of conditions
Trees and hedgerows
Lawful Development Certificates
Hazardous Substances Consent
Permission in Principle