Council Tax Charges, Valuations and Spending

Council Tax Valuation Bands

Cold Call Warning

Ribble Valley residents are being warned about a company offering to get their council tax band lowered for a fee.

You can get your council tax rebanded for free by the Valuation Office Agency.

Appeal against council tax valuation bands

If you feel that your property is incorrectly banded visit the Valuation Office Agency: What to do if you disagree with your council tax banding.

Please remember making an appeal does not allow you to withhold payment of council tax.

If your appeal is successful the council will be notified and your council tax will be adjusted. If it is the the case that you have overpaid, a refund will be sent to you.

Council Tax Bands

All domestic properties which are owned or rented are subject to council tax

Each property is allocated one of eight valuation bands according to its open market capital value as at 1 April 1991.

Valuation Band Band D Ratio Range of Values

A - Up to and including £40,000
B - £40,001 - £52,000
C - £52,001 - £68,000
D - £68,001 - £88,000
E - £88,001 - £120,000
F - £120,001 - £160,000
G - £160,001 - £320,000
H - More than £320,000

Valuation Office Agency (VOA)

Address: Wycliffe House
Green Lane

Telephone: 03000 501501