Council Tax Charges, Valuations and Spending

Council Tax Charges

Do I have to pay council tax?

Most homes are subject to pay council tax. There is one bill per home, whether it is a house, bungalow, flat, mobile home or houseboat, and whether it is owned or rented.

Council tax is not charged on exempt properties.

How your council tax is spent

The council tax collected by Ribble Valley Borough Council is shared between a number of local government organisations in the area. A council tax leaflet is sent out with council tax bills each April showing how the council tax money is collected and how council tax is shared amongst organisations. For more information see how council tax is spent.

How much do I have to pay?

You can check your council tax balance if you have your council tax account reference.



The full council tax bill assumes that there are two or more adults living in a property. If there is only one adult, or if the property is a second home, discounts are allowed on the council tax bill. See council tax discounts. There are also a number of people who are disregarded when we look at the number of adults who live in a property.

If you receive certain benefits, or your income is low, you may be able to get your council tax payments reduced by claiming local council tax support.

Moving home

You can notify us of a change of address at Council Tax Online, by using our Change of Circumstances online form or download our council tax change of circumstances form.

Council Tax

Telephone: 01200 425111

Address: Counc-il Of fices, ley Borough Council, Ribbl-e Val Church Walk, Clitheroe, BB7 2RA