Council Tax Charges
Do I have to pay council tax?
Most homes are subject to pay council tax. There is one bill per home, whether it is a house, bungalow, flat, mobile home or houseboat, and whether it is owned or rented.
Council tax is not charged on exempt properties.
How your council tax is spent
The council tax collected by Ribble Valley Borough Council is shared between a number of local government organisations in the area. A council tax leaflet is sent out with council tax bills each April showing how the council tax money is collected and how council tax is shared amongst organisations. For more information see how council tax is spent.
How much do I have to pay?
You can check your council tax balance if you have your council tax account reference.
- Current Council Tax Charges 2021 -2022
- Council Tax Charges 2020 - 2021
- Council Tax Charges 2019 - 2020
- Council Tax Charges 2018 - 2019
- Council Tax Charges 2017-2018
- Council Tax Charges 2016 -2017
- Council Tax Charges 2015-2016
- Council Tax Charges 2014-2015
- Council Tax Charges 2013-2014
- Council Tax Leaflet 2021 - 2022
- Council Tax Leaflet 2020 - 2021
- Council Tax Leaflet 2019 - 2020
- Council Tax Leaflet 2018 - 2019
- Council Tax Leaflet 2017-2018
- Council Tax Leaflet 2016 - 2017
- Council Tax Leaflet 2015-2016
- Council Tax Leaflet 2014-2015
- Council Tax Leaflet 2013-2014
The full council tax bill assumes that there are two or more adults living in a property. If there is only one adult, or if the property is a second home, discounts are allowed on the council tax bill. See council tax discounts. There are also a number of people who are disregarded when we look at the number of adults who live in a property.
If you receive certain benefits, or your income is low, you may be able to get your council tax payments reduced by claiming local council tax support.
If you have moved to a residence within Ribble Valley Borough please complete a form to notify us of your new address or contact us as soon as possible using our Chenge of Circumstances online form or download the council tax change of circumstances form