Coronavirus (Covid-19)

Coronavirus cases are on the rise in Lancashire – get vaccinated, get tested and #LetsKeepLancashireSafe. Further information: Help and advice: Ribble Valley Community Hub (01200 414597)

Coronavirus Information

Council Tax Charges

Do I have to pay council tax?

Most homes are subject to pay council tax. There is one bill per home, whether it is a house, bungalow, flat, mobile home or houseboat, and whether it is owned or rented.

Council tax is not charged on exempt properties.

How your council tax is spent

The council tax collected by Ribble Valley Borough Council is shared between a number of local government organisations in the area. A council tax leaflet is sent out with council tax bills each April showing how the council tax money is collected and how council tax is shared amongst organisations. For more information see how council tax is spent.

How much do I have to pay?

You can check your council tax balance if you have your council tax account reference.



The full council tax bill assumes that there are two or more adults living in a property. If there is only one adult, or if the property is a second home, discounts are allowed on the council tax bill. See council tax discounts. There are also a number of people who are disregarded when we look at the number of adults who live in a property.

If you receive certain benefits, or your income is low, you may be able to get your council tax payments reduced by claiming local council tax support.

Moving home

If you have moved to a residence within Ribble Valley Borough please complete a form to notify us of your new address or contact us as soon as possible using our Chenge of Circumstances online form or download the council tax change of circumstances form

Share this page: