Residents needing additional support or wanting to volunteer their time or services to help those in need in their local community should call 01200 414597. For business rates please use 01200 414450

Coronavirus information

Environmental Services

Categories in Environmental Services

  • Animal Welfare

    The law governing the licensing of animal welfare establishments is changing from the 1 October 2018

  • Abandoned Vehicles

    If you see a vehicle that you think has been abandoned you should report it.

  • Asbestos

    How to dispose of asbestos.

  • Clitheroe Cemetery

    The Waddington Road Cemetery in Clitheroe, is the only council owned burial site.

  • Cooling Tower Registration

    Cooling towers must be registered with the council.

  • Drainage

    Information on drains and how to look after them.

  • Food Safety

    How to be safe when working with food, registering a food business and food hygiene ratings.

  • Health and Safety at Work

    We are responsible for the enforcement of health, safety and welfare standards in a wide range of premises.

  • Housing Standards

    If the condition of rented housing is affecting your health or safety, the council's environmental health inspectors could help.

  • Pollution and Air Quality

    Pollution control and air quality information.

  • Radon in the Ribble Valley

    Radon is a naturally occurring radioactive gas which is formed by the decay of small amounts of uranium present in all rocks and soils.

  • Unauthorised Gypsy Roma and Traveller encampments

    Our approach to unauthorised encampments.

  • Water

    Private water supplied must be registered with us and sampled on a regular basis.

Sub-categories of Environmental Services